If you wish to apply for one of our vacancies, please complete the relevant application form and return it to us for the attention of Helen Leather by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Head of School – Stokenham Area Primary School
Pay: Leadership L4 – L8 Dependent on Experience
Start Date: 19th April 2021
A unique opportunity has arisen from Easter 2021 to join the South Hams Federation as a Head of School.
We are looking to recruit a passionate and ambitious Head of School to work with a great community of children, staff and parents at Stokenham Area Primary School. The post will need a person who is hard-working, driven and dedicated and who has the children’s best interests at heart, both academically and pastorally, while having exceptional communication skills.
The position will involve 0.6 leadership and 0.4 teaching time.
The South Hams Federation consists of five diverse schools of differing sizes that each have their own challenges and the successful candidate will be chosen for their own distinctive talents and experiences.
To apply, you will need to be a passionate practitioner who is not afraid of doing what’s being asked of others and has a clear vision for the curriculum. Someone who already has some experience in a school leadership position, you are willing to share your knowledge of current teaching affairs with others and happy to embrace our school values. You are also as comfortable greeting parents each day as you are collaborating with Federation colleagues in order to create wonderful places of learning.
Our whole team work extremely hard to give the children every opportunity they can and we have a reputation for being forward-thinking and innovative. We have an experienced leadership team who will be on hand to offer help and advice where appropriate and part of our strength and success lies with this strong support framework.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an inspiring leader with a proven track record in leading school improvement
- Is an outstanding relationship builder, you will also know how to inspire exceptional performance and maintain a positive and enthusiastic learning environment for pupils and colleagues alike
- Puts children at the centre of all they do
- Has experience of collaborative leadership
- Is an excellent and strong communicator, who is personable, caring and passionate with high expectations of themselves and others
- Has experience of successfully managing the performance of staff
- Is able to prioritise and delegate effectively
- Is reflective, solution focused and able to think ‘outside’ of the box!
In return we can offer you:
- A fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful Federation
- Leadership of a good school
- Staff who are welcoming, dedicated and professional
- An excellent and supportive Board of Governors
- Good relationships with the school community and children
- Support for your ongoing professional development
- Support and mentoring from your leadership colleagues and senior leadership teams
You will be based at Stokenham Area Primary School, however you may be required to work at another school within the Federation and will be required to attend staff meetings and training at other schools within the Federation.
We would normally welcome anyone into our schools to see the excellent work which is carried out daily and reveal the welcoming atmosphere created by both children and adults alike. However, in the present climate may we suggest that an initial telephone conversation may be mutually beneficial? For an informal discussion please telephone Mrs Tess Coulthard, Executive Headteacher of the South Hams Federation on 01548 580551.
Application forms and a job description and person specification are available from Helen Leather at email@example.com.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on the closing date of 19th November2020.
Interviews will be held on 26th and 27th November 2020.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Application Form – Teaching
Application Form – Support Staff